Thursday 18 February 2010

Thing 10

Well, the instructions simply didn't work for me, adding someone to my network didn't give me easy access to their bookmarks. It actually didn't do anything at all, perhaps they need to confirm that they want to network! Since I don't really want to create a reciprocal virtual link with people that I don't know, I found the easiest way to access someones bookmarks was to use the Delicious toolbar to bookmark their Delicious page. I did find it hilarious that a sharing colleague listed the BBC guide to alcohol units under personal shopping. Perhaps there is a use for that privacy checkbox after all!

2 comments:

  1. On your delicious page, click on 'network' under your username at the top and they should show. No confirmation is needed - it works like Twitter in that reciprocity is not required.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting... if I go to a user and tell it to add them to my network, it asks for confirmation, then doesn't do it. If, however, I do it the other way round, i.e. go to my network, then say I want to add a user, and type their username, it works.

    ReplyDelete