Tuesday 30 March 2010

Thing 14

I'm already on LinkedIn. To begin with, when I was invited, I thought it was some dodgy spam, but the friend concerned confirmed that he had meant to send it, and so I signed up, out of politeness mostly. I rarely use it, all of the people I'm linked to are either colleagues at work or former colleagues. If any of them wanted to contact me it would be much easier for them to send me an email.

A schoolfriend once gave me his opinion that social networking requires a monopoly. I think he's got a point. LinkedIn might be useful if you're the sort of person who posts drunken photos on facebook that you wouldn't want a future employer to see. I think it wise to assume that everything on the internet is visible to everyone and will stay there forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment